How to Design a Website For Selling Packaged & Resort Vacations?
I’m looking to build a website that is similar to [url_hidden], basically a site that sells packaged vacations, mostly resorts, all inclusive etc. Which of your plugins would allow me to do so? I see you have the Packaged Vacations Booking Plugin and one is commission based and the other is markup based. Would those be the best option? Other than the profit structure what are the major differences?
Hi Tiffany Bordeaux,
Thanks for showing interest. Yes, currently the Packaged Vacation also known as dynamic packaging sometimes lets customers book Hotels and Flights with a single checkout. We may have to customize it for you so that it uses Resorts instead of Hotels.
Online Demo : https://bit.ly/35oxQ9r
The major differences between the Markup and Commission based model is the way the payment flows.
Markup based model
- You will receive net rates for hotels and flights.
- You will add your own markup (managed by Adivaha Dashboard) and sell it at your end.
- The settlement between Adivaha and your agency will be done either via Post or Pre Payment. Depending on the plan you choose.
Commission based model
- It comes with an integrated checkout feature
- All the payments are routed to Adivaha for further real time bookings.
- You will be able to set your own commission from your Adivaha Dashboard.
- You will be able to view all your bookings and earned commissions in your dashboard.
- You can withdraw your commissions into your Paypal account once the total commission amount reaches threshold amount ie $100 (min)
I hope I was able to explain to you well. Do let us know if you have any more question
Happy to help!
While I really appreciate the original explanation I’m still a bit confused so maybe you can use your expertise to help me figure out what I need.
-Your budget is limited, you need to keep cost as low as possible.
-You want to offer packages, primarily resort and air.
-Your average sale is typically over $1499 (because you specialize in high end resorts)
-You want to keep it all white label, no affiliate style redirects
-You don’t care if you make your profit pre or post, doesn’t matter. (but a large security deposit may be an issue)
-You want to earn a nice profit via markups or commission (no affiliate rates *of course air may be an exception)
-You would most likely do a third part theme integration
- What would be your plan be? How would you meet your needs with Adivaha?
- Ballpark estimate? (consider deposits as well)
- Can you provide links to the pages of the plugins you’d use? (if available)
I am open to all suggestions. I understand if everything I want is not possible so I’d love to hear your point of view.
I will be looking to begin this project soon, your company has so many great options I’m just having a hard time deciding what avenue will work for me and what the approximate cost would be. If you could give me an outline of what you think would work I can take it from there and make a final decision.
Thank you kindly!
On a very separate note : Its not only difficult to get/maintain APIs, Its way too expensive too. Every Airline/Flight has its own criteria. Some of them would ask you to prove the sale for a minimum 2 years, Some of them would ask for some commitment (ie. 1000 bookings a week or so. Just an example), Some may ask you for a heavy Security deposit and They can either ask you to go with a Prepaid Model.
Happy to help!
Thank you, this all sounds good. I was just a little confused by your many options. And yes I’m a full time travel agent so I understand how expensive it can be. The cost to partner or utilize an API with most suppliers is completely out of my range. $1499 is reasonable though and the 13% commission would work for me.
- Just a few more questions. Do any of your demos use that specific plugin so I can play with it a bit?
- Who handles the customer service for guest who book via the commission based plugins?
- Does it pull from one specific travel supplier?
It pulls data from multiple suppliers stated above.